Vaud Tour Options
Walking tours led by local historians in Lausanne, Vevey, and Montreux are increasingly popular. They are organized by the towns' tourist offices and are given daily between April and September.
English-speaking guides are often available, but you should call in advance to check. Most local tourist offices offer daily general tours in summer to Gruyères, to Chamonix and Mont Blanc, and to Les Avants and Château-d'Oex by the Montreux–Oberland–Bernois railroad line's panoramic train. There is also a chocolate excursion to the Cailler factory in Broc. To ensure a tour with English commentary, reserve in advance.
The Lausanne tourist office runs a daily two-hour coach trip into the Old Town, including a visit to the cathedral and an extended city coach tour that takes in the Lavaux vineyards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's