- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Vaud
Montreux's Promenade du Lac: Walk three magical miles along Lac Léman (Lake Geneva) to the Château de Chillon, Switzerland's most beautiful castle.
Tramping with Charlie Chaplin: Vevey commemorates its celebrated citizen in bronze at its lake rose garden and is designing a museum in his honor in Corsier.
Lausanne's table for two: Acolyte of superchef Philippe Rochat, Benoit Violier is the new culinary king to watch.
The grape escape: From La Côte to Chablais, vineyards and wine cellars allow you to sip vintages that seldom make it beyond the border.
Palatial pursuits: Grandes dames of luxury, the Beau-Rivage Palace and Montreux Palace hotels even synchronize their gilded awnings to the sun's daily tour over the lake.Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's