- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Verbier is a compact resort town with excellent shuttle service between hotels, chalets, and the lifts. In high season, unless there is parking space at your lodging, a car will be an additional expense and nuisance, so public transportation is recommended. From Martigny, the train trip takes about an hour: take the St. Bernard Express bound for Orsières, its bright red rail cars emblazoned with the region's famous mascot. Disembark in Le Châble, where a connecting bus takes you up the steep, winding road to the post office in the center of Verbier. If you are traveling light, there is a gondola cable car that departs from this base station.
Another option is to drive to Le Châble and leave your car in the large parking lot, then transfer to the resort using the bus or cableway; this way, you can avoid driving the switchback roads to the resort. Once here, you can easily navigate the village on foot or by shuttle bus, and all hotels are clearly signposted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's