- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Larch forests, flower and herb-filled meadows, and glacial zones offer a huge variety of trails (350 km [218 mi]) at all levels of difficulty. Historic routes cross passes into Italy and extend outbound along ridgelines toward the river. Bus and lift services make it easy to return to the village in time for dinner. Most hotels will pack a lunch for the outing, or you can stop at buvettes (snack bars) scattered along the trails. Sentier des Chapelles (Trail of the Chapels) is a timeworn pilgrimage route from Saas-Fee to Saas-Grund featuring 15 shrines with costumed wooden statues strung along the path like beads on a rosary.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's