- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Hotel Guarda Golf
At a Glance
- halcyon views of the Alps
- excellent service, including a knowledgeable waitstaff
- prompt pick-up and drop-off shuttle
- food can be hit or miss
- art gallery space could be put to better use
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Guarda Golf Review
This newcomer hits a trifecta: comfortable American-style accommodations, impeccable Swiss service, and warm Brazilian hospitality. The lavishly appointed property, run by Brazilian hotelier Nati Felli and her Swiss husband Giancarlo, is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World. It features sweeping views of the Alps beyond the leafy 9-hole Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course. High-tech rooms are big enough to samba in, while faux-fur-topped king-sized beds are a delightfully fluffy spot to collapse. A full-service spa features treatments emphasizing Brazilian botanicals, a fitness area with cutting-edge equipment, and a sleek pool with a sexy peek-a-boo window into the sauna. But the restaurant's wraparound terrace, where guests gather here to watch the pinkish alpenglühen (the Swiss version of the nothern lights), is the big draw.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more