- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- quiet location
- the town's best restaurant
- rooms feel a bit dated
- breakfast service somewhat stiff and regimented
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Waldhaus Review
With the friendliness that comes from a family-run establishment, this chalet-style guesthouse and restaurant is set on a quiet street overlooking the village. The simple rooms are bathed in buttery yellows and soft pinks, with comfy beds. There's exceptionally warm service from bubbly and genuine proprietress Evelyne Beckert-Grichting, who can be seen making the rounds in the restaurant, chatting with the guests in multiple languages. The restaurant is the town's best, and dishes up Valaisan meat dishes, raclettes, and fondues complemented by excellent regional and Bordeaux wines. The sprawling terrace offers great mountain views, and is home to frequent live music.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more