- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- central location right in town
- spacious rooms
- the cramped spa feels like an afterthought
Check Rates from our Partners
Walliserhof Hotel Review
This cozy charmer, a five-minute walk from the main train station, has been a favorite since it opened in 1896 (back then it was caled the Touristenhotel Perrin). Although the name has changed, the family running it has not, and the warm hosts Caroline and Sylvain Stefanazzi Ogi are very much a part of the everyday operations. Rooms are accented with burnished wood, and some feature balconies. A mini-spa with a hot tub, steam room and sauna is just the thing you need after a day on the slopes. Two restaurants—a rustic stübli serving local cheeses and a more elegant dining room offering international cuisine—are both excellent options.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
This looks like it covers almost everything. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more