- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Omnia Mountain Lodge
At a Glance
- Bose sound-systems and designer toiletries
- laptops loaned to guests on request
- set apart high above the village
- staggered building layout can be disorienting
Check Rates from our Partners
Omnia Mountain Lodge Review
At this sophisticated glass-and-steel hotel on the hillside above the Kirchplatz, the only concession to local architecture is the wooden panels that cap each end. An engineering marvel, the Omnia is a standout in a village of traditional hoteliers. A private tunnel leads to the secure elevator where you are whisked to the contemporary lobby with a stone fireplace and modern furnishings. With great Matterhorn vistas from decks and balconies, the guest rooms are lettered, not numbered. The restaurant, which also has a vegetarian menu, and the bar are equally sleek places to sip and dine. The wellness area features multiple steam applications and a contoured tile relaxation room.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Will the Eurail Global Pass the only pass I need to travel in Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more