Ideal for long lunches between sessions on the slopes or for a panoramic break on an all-day hike, this place is perched in tiny Findeln, between the Sunnegga and Blauherd ski areas. The Matterhorn views are astonishing. The food is decidedly fresh and creative, and Franz and Heidi Schwery tend their own Alpine garden to provide lettuce for their salads and berries for vinaigrettes and hot desserts. The fluffy Matterkuchen, a bacon and leek quiche, will fortify you for the 30- to 40-minute walk down to the village.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During May, my husband and I went to Germany and Switzerland for our 5th wedding anniversary. We left on 5/14 and flew home on 5/23. ... Read more
We returned last Saturday from our trip to Switzerland, with a 2 day stopover in Iceland. It was absolutely fantastic. If you are interes... Read more