- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Hotel du Glacier
At a Glance
- half board included in the rates
- certain packages include use of sister hotel Ferienart's comprehensive spa and wellness center
- roaring with the thunder, not pitter-patter, of little feet
- some feel the hotel merits three-star, rather than four-star, status
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel du Glacier Review
Flaunting the most elegant facade in town, this is one of the original hotels in the village. Happily, this veteran shows no signs of its age: a new management team has added its own distinctive flair and made it a welcoming, kid-friendly hot spot—parents will enjoy the babysitting service. The little ones will even go for the interior decor: guest rooms have modular furniture and are accented with primary colors (even the spotless baths). The downstairs restaurant, Feeloch, is a popular spot for grill and cheese dishes that can include skewers of Black Tiger shrimp, sirloin steak, raclette, and fondue. And the Ice-Bar is a great place to reboot after a day on the mountain.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more