- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- the glassed-in veranda restaurant has a sensational view
- hallways filled with dingy silk flowers need updating
- rates may go up during peak periods
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Mont-Paisible Review
One of the hotel directors, an architect, lent his design expertise and eye for interiors to this lookout lodge, which takes in the sweep of Valaisan mountains—indeed, the south-facing guest rooms are blessed with clear-day panoramic views all the way to the Matterhorn. Slate floors, an attractive use of stone, and a raised-hearth fireplace set a sophisticated yet rustic mood in the salon cheminée where you can enjoy a predinner drink. The terrific location is away from the village hubbub but near the Violettes cable-car station.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more