- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- friendly, dirndl-clad female staff work the reception desk
- fluffy sheepskins cover the patio furniture
- price of half board is a bit high for what you get, and room rates increase if you don't stay a minimum of three nights
- some complain of street noise at night
Surrounded on three sides by glorious mountains, this hotel is presided over by the superattentive and friendly Urs and Marie-Jeanne Zurbriggen-Roosen—a proud family with unyielding standards. Interiors of glossy wood, stacked stone, and leaded glass give the look of a respected manor house. Guest rooms (most have balconies) have baths with modern fixtures; furnishings tastefully mix antiques with the more modern. Intimate dining can be found at La Ferme, a low-slung, elegantly rustic restaurant with a central woodstove and farmhouse detail. Cheese specialties like fondue and raclette are served in the atmospheric Fee Chäller.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
My wife and I are planning a 14 day trip next August and could use your help. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more