- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At the foot of the Col du Grand St-Bernard, Martigny has long been a commercial crossroads. Testimony to this are the Gallo-Roman ruins discovered in 1976 by engineer Leonard Gianadda. When Gianadda's brother Pierre died in a plane crash, Leonard created a cultural center in his memory.
Martigny at a Glance
Elsewhere in Valais
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's