- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
A rail and road junction joining four cantons, this small but vital town for centuries has been a center of trade with Italy. Often overlooked as merely a transit point, the town has a legacy that can be appreciated in a couple of hours: a restored core with cobblestone streets, shops, cafés, and the main attraction, a fairy tale–worthy merchant's castle.
Elsewhere in Valais
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's