The two main airports—Geneva's Cointrin Airport (www.gva.ch) and Zürich Airport (www.zurich-airport.com)—will get you here from anywhere in the world, nonstop from New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Montreal, and London, for example.
The Basel/Mulhouse Airport (www.euroairport.com) offers flights from European locations and is less crowded. The smaller airports at Bern (www.alpar.ch) and Lugano (www.lugano-airport.ch) host local and short-haul flights as well as private-jet traffic.
Public transportation to and from all the airports is excellent (as it is throughout the country) and generally much faster and cheaper than taxis.
Think twice about domestic flights within Switzerland—if you calculate getting from your hotel to the airport, the flight time including delays, and getting to your next hotel, taking the train is often faster and more comfortable, as trains and buses will take you almost anywhere in Switzerland.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's