The two main airports in Geneva (Cointrin Airport www.gva.ch) and Zürich (Zürich Airport www.zurich-airport.com) will get you here from anywhere in the world, nonstop from New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Montreal, and London, for example.
The Basel/Mulhouse airport offers flights from European locations and is less crowded.
Public transportation from/to all airports is excellent (as it is throughout the country) and generally much faster and cheaper than taxis.
Think twice about domestic flights within Switzerland—if you calculate getting from your hotel to the airport, the flight time including delays, and getting to your next hotel, taking the train is often faster and more comfortable, as trains and buses will take you almost anywhere in Switzerland.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Switzerland Experience IExplore
- Switzerland by Train IExplore
- Switzerland by Train — $9,755 IExplore