- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
International au Lac
At a Glance
- you'll forget you're downtown when lounging at the pool or in the back garden
- live classical music
- some rooms feel dated
- not the place for up-to-date amenities and luxury toiletries
Check Rates from our Partners
International au Lac Review
Next to the Church of St. Mary of the Angels, this historic hotel sits across from the lake. The interiors of the 1908 building are exuberantly decorated, with gilded paintings, ornate antiques, and heavy, sumptuous furniture. Family-run for more than 100 years, it's the only hotel in the Old Town with a large garden and pool area. The in-town location is perfect for exploring, but can get a bit noisy—light sleepers should request the quieter side rooms.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Planning a trip or dreaming of your return? Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more