- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- filled with repeat guests, many of them Swiss or Italian
- restaurant is definitely worth a try
- no a/c, but there's a fan in every room
- noisy cars can be heard along the shore road
Check Rates from our Partners
Carina Carlton Review
This family-run hotel has somehow managed to fit pretty and spacious rooms, a lovely restaurant, a generous terrace, and an outdoor pool into the narrow strip between the mountain and the lake. It's a wonderful place to enjoy the peace of the lake—and a mere 20 minutes from Lugano. The restaurant awaits for lunch or dinner with a wide range of Swiss, Ticinese, and Italian dishes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more