- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- breakfast comes with homemade jams, fine teas, and a selection of unusual breads
- there's a hotel paddleboat for excursions on the lake
- dockside lounge pours outstanding cocktails
- rooms facing the busy street are noisy
- most rooms do not allow children
Combining a soothing atmosphere, personal service, and unpretentious savoir-faire, this stylish refuge on the lake spoils its guests. At dinnertime the casual lakeside terrace lures many locals for astounding entrées such as tender mahimahi fillet glazed with ginger, sesame, and chili and served on a bed of coconut-lemongrass risotto. Individually decorated rooms are equipped with a range of high-end amenities, but are missing phones and other old-fashioned items. This is the hippest hotel in Ticino—and one of the only in the canton to dare break from the traditional hotel mold.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more