- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- each room is uniquely crafted
- terrific prices
- some decor is straight out of high-school wood shop
- walls tend to be thin
Check Rates from our Partners
San Carlo Review
Ideally located on the main shopping street, this friendly hotel is owned and managed by one of the nicest families in town. Although it's near the funicular and a block from the waterfront, it manages to remain peaceful after sundown. The rooms are tiny, but clever carpentry makes the most out of small spaces, creating niches for a mirror, a television, or a hideaway bed. The dining room is also small, so breakfast in bed is encouraged.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Will the Eurail Global Pass the only pass I need to travel in Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more