- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- Sunday frequently features ballet recitals or jazz performances
- spectacular garden setting
- overflowing with German and Swiss-German tourists
- room prices vary greatly—call ahead for rates
Check Rates from our Partners
The Great Gatsby would feel in his element in this Relais & Châteaux property that's as glamorous as a Mediterranean villa but still fabulously modern. The luxury borders on decadence: the sheets are pure linen, ground-floor rooms have private gardens, and there's a landscaped pool area. The restaurants are excellent: try Aphrodite, with modern Italian and vegetarian cuisine that rates among the best in Switzerland. Restaurant Ecco surprises with so-called "molecular" cuisine, which attempts to find new ways of cooking based on scientific experimentation. The results are often delicious.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Planning a trip or dreaming of your return? Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more