- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- lakeside rooms have original details
- deluxe tower rooms start not much higher than standard doubles
- the tower loft can be reached only by spiral staircase
Check Rates from our Partners
Castello Seeschloss Review
Dating from 1250, this hotel is certainly romantic—that doesn't even take into account its garden setting and enviable address across from the waterfront. Its interior is rich with frescoes, wood beams, and heavy masonry that have been lightened with a contemporary touch. Each room is different: there's a wrought-iron bed in the back tower, a blue wooden canopy bed in Room 205, and a lavish front tower room with a loft. A private courtyard is perfect for summertime dining, or you can just take a dip in the isolated pool.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Planning a trip or dreaming of your return? Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more