- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- peaceful, beautiful surroundings
- owners are passionate to share their unique philosophy and local wines
- remote location
- besides the hotel's restaurant, there are limited dining choices
Check Rates from our Partners
Locanda Brack Review
The shady terrace, discriminating wine list, and excellent homemade pastas using mostly organic ingredients are what attract visitors and locals alike to this osteria perched on the hillside of Gudo, between Bellinzona and Locarno. But Marco and Gesa Brack also run a very fine bed-and-breakfast in the converted farmhouse. Each room has either a balcony with a spectacular view of the Ticino valley or a peaceful terrace nestled into the hillside. Furnishings are simple and tasteful.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more