- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
To enter Luzern is to approach the very heart of historic Switzerland, for the sharply indented shoreline of the Vierwaldstättersee (Lake Luzern) was the cradle of the Swiss Confederation, forged here in the 13th century on the Rütli Meadow as one of the world's first democracies. Most-visited Luzern, with its Old Town, sits on one end of the lake; the quieter but equally historic Altdorf, home of Wilhelm Tell, on the other. In between is probably the most beautiful stretch of lakeshore in Switzerland.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's