Old Swiss House
Old Swiss House Review
This popular establishment has been feeding travelers since 1931. Originally built as a farmhouse in 1858, it pleases crowds with its beautifully contrived collection of 17th-century antiques, leaded glass, and an old-world style, now pleasantly burnished by more than 80 years of service. The standing menu includes specialties from around the country: cubed fillet of beef in a green-pepper mustard sauce with fresh buttered noodles, pike perch with ratatouille and potatoes, and chocolate mousse. In warm weather you can enjoy your meal in the outdoor seating area, which spills out into the pedestrian zone.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's