Luzern and Central Switzerland Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Luzern and Central Switzerland Hotel Reviews
In the mountains, high season means the winter ski season; in the valleys, summer is more expensive. As the terrain and climate vary radically between balmy lakefronts and icy heights, check carefully for high and low seasons before booking ahead. Resorts such as Weggis and Vitznau cut back service considerably in winter, just when Engelberg comes alive. Book early for ever-popular Luzern. Prices drop by as much as 25% in winter, approximately November through March. Rates are often calculated on a per-person basis, so it's wise to confirm rates, particularly if you're traveling as anything other than a couple.
Browse Luzern and Central Switzerland Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's