- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Cresta Run. On the world's one and only Cresta Run, riders on skeletons (metal toboggans) rush headfirst down a winding ice channel from St. Moritz to Celerina, accelerating to about 90 mph. You can watch the runs every morning from the path or the roof of the Junction Hut. If you'd like to try the run, contact the St. Moritz Tobogganing Club. It's a private club, but they do allow temporary memberships (for 600 SF) that will give you five runs. The Cresta is open from late December to the last day of February. Note that the run is not open to women. St. Moritz, Graubünden, 7500. www.cresta-run.com.
Ludains Ice Arena. The outdoor Ludains Ice Arena, along the lake, is open from mid-July to late April. Skate rentals are available. Via Ludains 5, St. Moritz-Bad, Graubünden, 7500. 081/8335030.
Kulm. The skating and curling rinks at the Kulm Hotel are open to the public in winter; rental skates and curling lessons are also available. St. Moritz, Graubünden, 7500. 081/8368000.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Z?rich: Save at the The Dolder Grand in May Fr $891+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $111+/Nt Travelocity
- Special deal: 4-Star Senator Fr $170+/Nt — $170 Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Travelocity
- Small budget: Book Dolder Waldhaus 3 Nts in May Fr $281+/Nt — $281 Expedia