- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Scuol and Tarasp-Vulpera
The villages of Scuol and Tarasp-Vulpera effectively form one large resort, although a car or bus is needed to travel between the two. The area owes its popularity to the 20 mineral springs (traditionally used for liver cures), the beautiful surroundings (mountains and dense forests), and the proximity of the Parc Naziunal Svizzer. Previously popular only in summer, the villages now fill up in winter, thanks to skiing on the south-facing slopes of Motta Naluns.
A small town, Scuol has a petite but exemplary Old Town, with five fountains from which you can do a taste-test comparison of normal tap water against spring water.
Scuol and Tarasp-Vulpera at a Glance
Elsewhere in Graubünden
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's