- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- excellent location and views
- no desire is too big or too small
- free bicycle rental includes Flyer electric bikes
- exterior is not the most attractive
- dress codes
- super expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
This luxury hotel can claim its share of St. Moritz superlatives: it was the first hotel here (1856) and the first house to have electricity in all of Switzerland (1878), but modern comfort has come a long way as seen by its top-quality facilities like a nine-hole golf course, putting green, ice skating, and curling in winter. The Panorama spa features a saltwater grotto, indoor/outdoor pool, and top-notch fitness center (complete with inspired views), the breakfast room is pure Wedgwood, and the newly redesigned à la carte restaurant (open only in winter) is a romantic vaulted space, with big arched windows and a menu of light French cuisine. In the main dining room, jacket and tie are a must, but more casual dining options are also available. Half board is normal, but just getting breakfast is possible outside the winter season. Bathrooms feature rain-forest showers, while rooms have satellite TV with over 200 channels. The attention to detail is top-notch: with pillow and soap menus (featuring alternate options promising deeper sleeps and relaxing aromas).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Will the Eurail Global Pass the only pass I need to travel in Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more