- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Grand Hotel Kronenhof
At a Glance
- beautiful grounds and location
- activities and facilities galore
- top-of-the-line, very cool children's facility
- excellent dining options
- the price is just about the only negative at this stunning hotel
Check Rates from our Partners
Grand Hotel Kronenhof Review
A grand Versailles set amid mountain peaks, the Kronenhof is the pinnacle for rest, relaxation, and pampering, with gorgeous designs inside and out that highlight a keen attention to detail and a sprawling lawn perfect for soaking in the sun and admiring the views of Roseg Valley. The hotel was completed in 1890, and the exterior has changed little since then. The lobby and dining rooms, with elaborate moldings, pink cherubs, and heavy chandeliers, are dazzling, especially the Rococo gold-and-gilt Grand restaurant. Upstairs, the guest rooms feature three distinctive styles: some are grandiose, with heavy furniture; others are rustic-luxe, with sweet-smelling Arvenholz pine; and some are more modern. While the Grand serves elegant international cuisine, the gorgeously wood-burnished Kronenstübli offers upscale regional fare: fillet of young ox with Lardo bacon, brasato, and vegetables, for example. Completing this masterpiece is a spa with relaxation, lap, whirl, and jet pools, and steam rooms, saunas, and grand views guaranteed to whisk your cares away.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more