This folly of towers and gables standing guard over Vulpera was built in 1902 and was transformed into a hotel in the late 1990s, introducing visitors to its sprawling views of the valley and vertigo-inducing balconies found in the tower rooms. Owing to the architecture, each room has a different shape and has been individually furnished: No. 105 is a pink dream out of a baroque Parisian chateau, with a large balcony and antique bathroom outfitted with a claw-foot tub;
No. 304 was once the house chapel. The restaurant's menu makes use of fresh vegetables from the hotel's own garden, and the homemade cakes here have earned a reputation throughout the valley. For 45 SF, the three-course dinner menu is a good deal. Special wellness and golf packages are also available.
Vulpera, Graubünden, 7552, Switzerland