- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- the views
- proximity to golf course (and a 30% discount)
- winter evenings in front of the fireplace
- kids sleep and eat for free
- no elevator and lots of stairs
Villa Engiadina Review
This folly of towers and gables standing guard over Vulpera was built in 1902 and was transformed into a hotel in the late 1990s, introducing visitors to its sprawling views of the valley and vertigo-inducing balconies found in the tower rooms. Owing to the architecture, each room has a different shape and has been individually furnished: No. 105 is a pink dream out of a baroque Parisian chateau, with a large balcony and antique bathroom outfitted with a claw-foot tub; No. 304 was once the house chapel. The restaurant's menu makes use of fresh vegetables from the hotel's own garden, and the homemade cakes here have earned a reputation throughout the valley. For 45 SF, the three-course dinner menu is a good deal. Special wellness and golf packages are also available.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Will the Eurail Global Pass the only pass I need to travel in Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more