- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- central location
- outstanding concierge and personal service
- half board is a nice way to save a little on the stiff prices
- very expensive
- reception area is chaotic at times
Check Rates from our Partners
Steigenberger Belvéderè Review
With its Neoclassical stone fireplace, wedding-cake white plaster, and period details, this is a grand hotel in every sense of the word and its packages for sports, the outdoors, and culture lovers help everyone appreciate the equally grand surroundings. The enormous white building with south-facing balconies is just above the main street and guest rooms are decorated in woods—some have warm tones, while others feature regal blues and golds. If it's cold outside, the murals of tropical birds and plants around the pool provide a comforting illusion. There's also a handy shuttle service to and from the train stations and local environs.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Will the Eurail Global Pass the only pass I need to travel in Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more