- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- central location
- outstanding concierge and personal service
- half board is a nice way to save a little on the stiff prices
- very expensive
- reception area is chaotic at times
Check Rates from our Partners
Steigenberger Belvéderè Review
With its Neoclassical stone fireplace, wedding-cake white plaster, and period details, this is a grand hotel in every sense of the word and its packages for sports, the outdoors, and culture lovers help everyone appreciate the equally grand surroundings. The enormous white building with south-facing balconies is just above the main street and guest rooms are decorated in woods—some have warm tones, while others feature regal blues and golds. If it's cold outside, the murals of tropical birds and plants around the pool provide a comforting illusion. There's also a handy shuttle service to and from the train stations and local environs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more