- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Chasa–Veglia Hotel Garni
At a Glance
- the charming handcrafted interior
- you will need to go elsewhere for dinner
Check Rates from our Partners
Chasa–Veglia Hotel Garni Review
Located down a quiet side street, "the old house"—complete with converted barn—is a town treasure where the owner's woodcarving skills are on display at every turn, from the doors and chairs to ceilings and fretwork panels over the lighting fixtures. Rugs on parquet floors and a display of old farm and kitchen implements add to the atmosphere. One room is an exception: it's painted pink and decorated in an ultramodern style. Guest rooms are small; those without a bathtub have a shower, except for two rooms with only a toilet and sink.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more