- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Romantik Hotel Stern
At a Glance
- an intimate ambience and welcoming host
- finest restaurant in Chur, with both regional and gourmet seasonal dishes
- church bells can be a little too close for comfort during the day
- some rooms are smaller than average due to dimensions of the old building
- some interiors could do with a makeover
Check Rates from our Partners
Romantik Hotel Stern Review
Like many of the good vintages on its wine list, this historic inn, built in 1677, just keeps getting better: the family-owned and -run hotel neighbors the town's main church and features modern, wood-clad guest rooms, a cozy lounge with fireplace, and a rooftop terrace for relaxing. The Bündner Stuben restaurant serves local wines and focuses on flavorful regional dishes such as Capuns (stuffed chard) and Maluns (potatoes slow-fried in butter); in autumn, it's all about the game and venison. For a treat, try the walnut ice cream with dried plums marinated in plum brandy. Note that the elevator goes only to the third of the four floors.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more