- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- family hosts are very welcoming and helpful
- the food is delicious and rated highly by locals
- those who need a "room with a view" should stay elsewhere
- beds are not large
Check Rates from our Partners
This family-run hotel in the middle of St. Moritz-Bad will make you feel right at home, as the friendly service and a drink by the crackling fire in the cozy "living room" are often all one needs at the end of a long day of hiking or skiing. The large and airy restaurant is highly recommended and has a great deal to choose from, including locally sourced, seasonal dishes, including lots of venison, veal, fondue, and pastas. Guests needing a sauna can visit the neighboring Laudinella for a fee. This hotel offers cheaper deals for longer-staying guests, as well as for summer visitors.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
When in UK 2 years ago my nieces loved wandering around the Castle ruins that we we went to ~ Kenilworth and Chepstow (also Tintern Abbey). Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more