- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Chesa Veglia Review
When Elizabeth Taylor and many other legendary VIPs headed to St. Moritz, this was their favored watering hole. A 17th-century Bauernhof (farmhouse), its raw beams, aged wood, and native carvings have been self-consciously restored and the rustic-luxe restaurant divided into three rooms (an upscale grill, a Stübli, and a pizzeria). The main menu includes good Continental cuisine; you can order melt-in-your-mouth venison with spätzli and red cabbage or beef tournedos with warm foie gras and Périgord sauce at prices that are St. Moritz–high. There are good fruit tarts at teatime, when the atmosphere is at its most convincing. Later you'll find dinner and dancing with live entertainment and piano music in the grill.
- Address: Via Veglia 2, St. Moritz-Dorf, Graubünden 7500 | Map It
- Phone: 081/8372800
- Website: www.badruttspalace.com/en/geniessen/restaurants/chesa-veglia
- Location: St. Moritz
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Our Trip of A Lifetime
March 12, 2014, we started our great adventure. Read more
We are spending a week in Paris on a company trip and want to extend the trip by traveling around for another 6 days. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more