- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- next to train station
- excellent food
- free use of rowboats on Lake St. Moritz
- easy on the wallet
- no elevator and three flights of stairs
- not for those seeking the height of luxury
Check Rates from our Partners
Simple rooms at good value right at the train station are reason enough for guests to stay here, but expectations are still surpassed time and time again by its unpretentious restaurant and convenient location. Train lovers might consider the rooms facing the rails (the trains do not run at night); the other rooms face the town, the lake, or both. Many area diners are drawn to the huge choice of local and Italian-inspired dishes. The favorite sitting place is the section in the old Rhätibahn railcar, accessible through the outdoor terrace. If you do not want to share communal showers, be sure to ask for a room with a private bathroom.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more