- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
If you continue through the National Park over the Ofen Pass to the Münster valley and Italy, you can visit the Benedictine Convent of St. John at Müstair, a UNESCO World Heritage site on the Italian border. The convent is still active and has fasting weeks in spring and fall. Take time to wonder at the Romanesque frescoes from AD 800–1170; more paintings are being uncovered using laser technology. Admission is free.
museum. The appealingly simple convent complex also houses a small museum with Baroque statues and Carolingian works. 7537. 081/8516228. www.muestair.ch. 12 SF. May–Oct., Mon.–Sat. 9–noon and 1:30–5, Sun. 1:30–5; Nov.–Apr., Mon.–Sat. 10–noon and 1:30–4:30, Sun. 1:30–4:30.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Our Trip of A Lifetime
March 12, 2014, we started our great adventure. Read more
My wife and I are planning our first Europe trip in May next year (1 May - 17 May) . Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more