- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Kirche St. Martin
Kirche St. Martin Review
St. Martin's was rebuilt in 1491 after a fire destroyed the 8th-century original. Since 1526 it has been Protestant. On your right as you enter are three stained-glass windows created in 1919 by Augusto Giacometti, the father of the Graubünden sculptor Alberto Giacometti. The steeple dates from 1917; with permission from the sacristan, you can climb to the top to see the bells. Of note, too, is the 1716 fountain beside the church, whose basin features the signs of the zodiac (the figure on top is a replica of the original).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Hi I need some help planning an itinerary for 3 families travelling to Europe for 6 weeks in 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more