- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Graubünden Restaurant Reviews
Thanks to all those tourists, restaurants tend to stay open throughout the day for the hungry visitor. The way to be sure is to look for a sign that bears the word durchgehend, meaning "without a stop." Some places, however, will serve only snacks—or close entirely—between 2:30 and 5:30. If traveling in the low season (November or April), you may encounter quite a few closed doors. Remember the rugged mountainscape can be deceiving. Hikers and skiers will frequently encounter a cozy Bergbeizli ("mountain inn"), where fine locally grown food is served up in a most congenial atmosphere.
Many restaurants in resort towns close from the end of April to mid-June and October to December; there are variations and exceptions, of course, so if you plan a visit during the off-season, check in advance.
Browse Graubünden Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe