- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At one time simply a group of hamlets, Klosters has become a small but chic resort, made up mostly of weathered-wood and white-stucco chalets. Author Peter Viertel and his wife, actress Deborah Kerr, made this their home base for decades. The village has two districts: Platz, which is older and busier, and Dorf, which lies on the main road toward Landquart. Klosters is famed for its skiing—British royal family members are faithful visitors—and makes the most of its access to the slopes of the Parsenn, above Davos.
Klosters at a Glance
Elsewhere in Graubünden
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's