- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Bike lanes, indicated by a yellow line and a yellow bicycle symbol on the pavement, are ubiquitous downtown. Yellow signs indicate routes elsewhere in the canton. Genèv'Roule "lends" bicycles from May to October in all their locations, which include Place du Rhône in Centre Ville Rive Gauche, Ruelle des Templiers in Eaux-Vives, Bains des Pâquis in Pâquis, Plaine de Plainpalais in Plainpalais, and Place de l'Octroi in Carouge. Show valid identification, pay a deposit of 20 SF, and the bike is yours for four hours and must be returned the same day.
Bike Rental Information
Genèv'Roule (17 pl. Montbrillant, Centre Ville Rive Droite, Geneva, 1201. 022/7401343. www.geneveroule.ch. Across from Rue Barton, Les Pâquis, 1201. Plaine de Plainpalais, Plainpalais, 1205. 4 ruelle des Templiers (Terrassière), Eaux-Vives, 1207.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's