- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Well-groomed and graceful, crowned with a cathedral and draped around the southwestern tip of Lac Léman (also called Lake Geneva), Geneva is a postcard waiting to happen. Headquarters of the 16th-century Calvinist Reformation and an independent crossroads of people and trade from the beginning, the Vieille Ville harbors three millennia of history; today the city of Geneva also hosts the United Nations and the 282-square-km (109-square-mile) canton, or state, of Geneva shares most of its borders with France.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's