- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Domaine de Châteauvieux
At a Glance
- lovely wine-country setting
- fabulous restaurant
- restaurant books up fast, so reserve ahead
- no elevator
- a cab to or from the airport or city center can run up to 80 SF
Check Rates from our Partners
Domaine de Châteauvieux Review
A whole different Geneva experience can be yours once you take a Rhône meander out here and wind up in the heart of the Geneva wine country. Surrounded by vineyards and rolling green hills, this sturdy stone manor offers interesting bike-riding countryside right outside the gates (reserve bicyles in advance). Inside, delicate stenciling, marble sinks, and bright calico reflect a happy marriage of good taste and warm country spirit—the decor is as relaxing as the chambre romantique's hot tub. Most guest rooms are nicely spacious, often dramatically accented with rough-hewn stone walls. The breakfast includes homemade bread and pastries, local honey, and jams made in-house from local fruit—only fitting thanks to the famed stone-and-wood-beam restaurant on-site.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more