- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- those views
- that neat ride in the glass-walled elevator past Geneva's tallest clock
- occasionally feels bland and impersonal
Check Rates from our Partners
The comic-book character Tintin made this hotel famous with L'Affaire Tournesol (The Calculus Affair) in 1956. Now the nine-story clock pendulum in the lobby, the deft manipulation of frosted glass and natural light on the top two floors, the spectacular glassed-in breakfast hall, and panoramic views compete for attention. Fourteen large triples and six interconnecting doubles easily accommodate families; double-glazed windows keep things quiet. This hotel is exceptionally well located: practically joined at the hip to the train station, it also has easy access to the international and main business areas, as well as the airport.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more