- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- central location
- bar has a cozy feel
- limited space for cars, so arrivals and departures can be stressful
- some complain that rooms, although renovated, don't reflect the absolute latest in five-star decor
Check Rates from our Partners
Swissôtel Métropole Review
Massive scrubbed-stone arches, swirled wrought-iron sconces, lush carpeting, and the immediate proximity of high-voltage Rue du Rhône shopping give this 1854 Left Bank palace an air of urban gentility and center-city bustle. Guest rooms have triple-glazed windows; they are decorated in what the hotel calls a "contemporary yet cozy Italian" style and come equipped with espresso machines. The Grand Quai restaurant has lost its 19th century–style grandeur in favor of a more streamlined contemporary look in brown and silver—attending one of the theme dinners on the rooftop terrace is worth it for the wraparound view of Geneva.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more