- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- central location
- bar has a cozy feel
- limited space for cars, so arrivals and departures can be stressful
- some complain that rooms, although renovated, don't reflect the absolute latest in five-star decor
Check Rates from our Partners
Swissôtel Métropole Review
Massive scrubbed-stone arches, swirled wrought-iron sconces, lush carpeting, and the immediate proximity of high-voltage Rue du Rhône shopping give this 1854 Left Bank palace an air of urban gentility and center-city bustle. Guest rooms have triple-glazed windows; they are decorated in what the hotel calls a "contemporary yet cozy Italian" style and come equipped with espresso machines. The Grand Quai restaurant has lost its 19th century–style grandeur in favor of a more streamlined contemporary look in brown and silver—attending one of the theme dinners on the rooftop terrace is worth it for the wraparound view of Geneva.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
My wife and I are planning a 14 day trip next August and could use your help. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more