- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- loads of polished eat-and-drink options
- you can reserve the spa's hot tub, sauna, and chill-out room for yourself
- unequivocal opulence may seem a bit flashy to some
- the rooms, while fully up to snuff, a bit same-y
Check Rates from our Partners
President Wilson Review
It has a no-thrills modern exterior, but one step inside and you'll be seduced by wafting scents from perfumed candles and the high-glitter-cum-slice-of-nature lobby and public salons. Swarovski crystals pressed into marble flooring, onyx, cut glass, platinum mosaics, and gold leaf are all mixed in with artist Jae-Ho Lee's nature statements. The striking results—stay here only if you like minimalism done with a sumptuous Baroque touch—suggest the water and mountains of which the hotel has fabulous views. Top Lebanese eating at Arabesque, contemporary French cuisine at Bayview, and sophisticated lounging at Glow add to the appeal. There's also a spa and outdoor pool with restaurant (dig the sexy night-lighting).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
·Austria Forum, Belgium Forum, Czech Republic Forum, France Forum, Germany Forum, Italy Forum, Luxembourg Forum, Netherlands Forum, Switzerland Forum
Hi everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more