Bâtiment des Forces Motrices (Power Station)
Bâtiment des Forces Motrices (Power Station) Review
A fine example of 19th-century industrial architecture moored in the middle of the river, Geneva's second opera house was built in 1886 by engineer Théodore Turrettini to supply drinking water, harness the river's energy for local industry, and keep the lake level steady. Restored and converted to a 985-seat theater in 1997, it now hosts the overflow from the Grand Théâtre as well as classical concerts by the Orchestre de la Suisse Romande and traveling productions. The cavernous L-shaped lobby has retained two of its original 18 turbines.
View deals in Geneva for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More