- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Geneva
Falling water: The feathery Jet d'Eau, Geneva's iconic harbor fountain, is visible for tens of miles in every direction.
Time on your hands: Chances are good you'll leave this city of watchmakers with a new timepiece—for glorious old ones, visit the Patek Philippe Museum.
City of God: The Protestant Reformation moved through Geneva like a hurricane almost five centuries ago; the city's churches still bear scars.
Block party: The Fêtes de Genève gives everyone a midsummer break by turning La Rade into a 10-day smorgasbord of international foods.
Exclusive baubles: To wander the Rue du Rhône is to take a roll call of the world's finest jewelers–only here many are homegrown.
Clink glasses: Swiss wines aren't widely available outside the country, so take the opportunity to explore Gamays from Geneva and Merlots from Montreux at a café, wine bar, or restaurant.Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's