- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Falling water: The feathery Jet d'Eau, Geneva's iconic harbor fountain and the ultimate public shower, is visible for tens of miles in every direction.
Time on your hands: Chances are good you'll leave this city of watchmakers with a new timepiece—for glorious old ones, visit the Patek Philippe Museum.
City of God: The Protestant Reformation moved through Geneva like a hurricane almost five centuries ago; the city's churches still bear scars.
Block party!: The Fêtes de Genève gives everyone a midsummer break by turning La Rade into a 10-day smorgasbord of international foods.
Exclusive baubles: To wander the Rue du Rhône is to take a roll call of the world's finest jewelers-only here many are homegrown.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Geneva: Save this May Fr $222+/Nt Save with Expedia, $15/night less
- Special deal: 4.5-Star Bristol Fr $378+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Geneva Fr $273+/Nt — $273 Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Book 4-Star NH Geneva Airport in Geneva Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Save with Expedia, $37/night less
- Book in Geneva: Save at the Warwick Geneva in May Fr $299+/Nt — $299 Expedia